Substrakt is a digital agency specialising in the Arts and Culture sector. We’ve got over 16 years experience partnering with cultural organisations around the world to deliver work that gives everyone simple and immediate access to inspiration, discovery and joy through cultural experiences.
What we do: We design and build websites and digital products alongside providing strategic consultancy, training and support services. Our work matches elegant design with carefully considered technical solutions to create meaningful connections between cultural organisations and their audiences.
We take a user-focused approach to everything we do, which means that each digital project we work on provides a brilliant experience for your audiences while meeting your unique business goals.
- Viadukt: Viadukt is our quick, easy and accessible online purchase pathway product. It’s been built and tested with users every step of the way, so cultural organisations can meet their audiences’ needs whilst selling more tickets.
- Showcase: During the pandemic we built [showcase], a paywalled streaming platform that allows cultural organisations to distribute digital content, manage customer data, control viewing access, and activate new revenue streams.
- Quick Donate: Quick Donate is our super simple, 1-step donation tool that allows customers to donate easily in a few short steps while helping cultural organisations to process online donations more quickly. You can apply your own branding to the tool so it will fit in seamlessly with the rest of your content, and you can also take Gift Aid declarations – all helping to support your campaign messaging and digital initiatives.
We offer a range of support and training services across specific areas to make your digital work more effective:
- Content services
- User research
- Digital Audience Strategy
- Analytics & Insights
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Our team: We’re a bright bunch of curious designers, smart developers, insightful strategists and thoughtful digital specialists with a broad range of different skills and expertise in both design and development, along with extensive experience working with 3rd party APIs.
Lots of folks within our team have worked either in-house at a cultural organisation, or with another sector supplier. These include The Royal Shakespeare Company, Philharmonia Orchestra, National Theatre, Spektrix, Nottingham Theatre Royal, York Theatre Royal, Ticketsolve, Derby Playhouse/Derby Theatre, The Royal Academy, Sage Gateshead, Southbank Centre, Tyneside Cinema, Turner Contemporary, Folkestone Triennial, Creative Folkestone, The Lowry/Quay Tickets, Opera North, Toronto Public Library and more.