February 26-27, 2024
Proposal Deadline: November 15th 2023
MuseumNext is a global conference series on the future of museums. Over the past 12 months our events have brought together more than 18,000 museum professionals for our virtual conference series, which has offered insight, inspiration and actionable advice.
Each MuseumNext conference has a theme, around which our community comes together to discuss the future of museums. In February we’ll be holding a virtual conference looking at how museums are responding to the defining issues of the age, the health of our planet.
As trusted institutions we believe that museums have an important role to play in educating the public about climate change, environmental issues and leading on sustainable practice. The Green Museums Summit will bring together museum professionals from around the globe to share inspiration, actionable ideas and new ways of working towards sustainable futures.
We’re now looking for speakers to make 20-minute presentations for this event.
A few subjects which you might wish to discuss?
- How are museums encouraging people to make sustainable choices in their daily lives?
- How are museum exhibitions embracing sustainability and green design?
- How are museums tell the story of climate change?
- How are museums champion the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- How are museums fighting nature loss?
- How are museums reducing waste and working towards net zero?
- How is art being used to highlight climate change and encourage sustainable futures?
- How can museums protect their collections from extreme weather and climate change?
- How can museums balance their work with the impact of global tourism?
- How cam museums make travelling exhibitions net zero?
- How can museums reduce their energy consumption?
Or you may have your own ideas.
We welcome presentations on health and wellbeing from across the museum sector.
MuseumNext follows a fast-paced, twenty-minute presentation format, emphasising practice over theory.
All talks must be pre-recorded to ensure high-quality presentations and minimise technical difficulties. Speakers should be available for live Q&As if time zones permit (event runs 2pm – 7pm London time zone).
All presentations must be in English.
IMPORTANT: Download our speakers guide here, to see examples of past presentations and tips for making your MuseumNext presentation a success.
How to Apply
Submit proposals using this form, including the title, presenter names, theme summary, relevant links, and expected learning outcomes.
Deadline: November 15th 2023
Our conference peer panel will review all proposals and curate the event program.
We will respond to all applicants by November 30th, 2023.
Pre-recorded talks will be required by 9th February to allow for captioning, use in marketing and tech checks.