Green Museums Summit – Virtual Conference
27 – 28 March 2023
MuseumNext is a global conference series on the future of museums. Over the past 12 months our events have brought together more than 18,000 museum professionals for our virtual conference series, which has offered insight, inspiration and actionable advice.
Each MuseumNext conference has a theme, around which our community comes together to discuss the future of museums. In March 2023 we’ll be holding a virtual conference looking at how museums are responding to the defining issues of the age, the health of our planet.
As trusted institutions we believe that museums have an important role to play in educating the public about climate change, environmental issues and leading on sustainable practice. The Green Museums Summit will bring together museum professionals from around the globe to share inspiration, actionable ideas and new ways of working towards sustainable futures.
We’re now looking for speakers to make 20-minute presentations for this event.
Some subjects which you may choose to address:
- How are museums encouraging people to make sustainable choices in their daily lives?
- How are museum exhibitions embracing sustainability and green design?
- How are museums tell the story of climate change?
- How are museums champion the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- How are museums fighting nature loss?
- How are museums reducing waste and working towards net zero?
- How is art being used to highlight climate change and encourage sustainable futures?
- How can museums protect their collections from extreme weather and climate change?
- How can museums balance their work with the impact of global tourism?
- How cam museums make travelling exhibitions net zero?
- How can museums reduce their energy consumption?
Please feel free to put forward any proposal which you feel fits with the theme of this event.
The Green Museums Summit will take place online 27 — 28 March 2023.
Guidance for Speakers
Presentations should last 20 minutes and be pre-recorded by speakers. In addition to the film above you can find a PDF speakers guide with example’s of past talks here.
Why Speak at MuseumNext
Founded in 2009, MuseumNext has a reputation for producing high quality conferences which attract an international audience of forward thinking museum professionals. Speaking at the event gives you the chance to share your ideas and successes with your peers, find collaborators for future projects and gain valuable feedback from like minded colleagues.
Our virtual conference format gives you the space to reflect on your work and share your ideas internationally without the need to jump on a plane.
To put forward a proposal to speak at MuseumNext, please use this form.
The deadline for proposals is 1st January 2023. All proposals will be reviewed by a peer panel and we expect to inform all those who have put forward a proposal the result of their deliberations in early February.