Above: Trailer for the MuseumNext Digital Summit 2021
MuseumNext Digital Summit – Virtual Conference
15 – 16 May 2023
MuseumNext is a global conference series on the future of museums. Over the past 12 months our events have brought together more than 18,000 museum professionals for our virtual conference series, which has offered insight, inspiration and actionable advice.
Each MuseumNext conference has a theme, around which our community comes together to discuss the future of museums. In May 2023 we’ll be holding a virtual conference looking at the digital side of museums.
The pandemic transformed the way in which museums used digital technology, so as the world reopens what’s next for digital in museums. We’re looking for inspiring case studies, actionable strategies and new ideas that can help our community to find digital success.
We’re now looking for speakers to make 20-minute presentations for this event.
Some subjects which you may choose to address:
- How are museums using digital to stay connected with audiences?
- How are museums create hybrid digital experiences on site and online?
- How are museums adopting digital technology in exhibitions?
- What are the new technologies that can help museums serve their audiences?
- How is digital being used to open up collections online?
- How are museums crowdsourcing contemporary collections?
- How are museums using digital to offer new opportunities to learn?
- How are museums using technology to generate revenue?
- What is the future of digital in museums?
Please feel free to put forward any proposal that you feel fits with the theme of this event.
The MuseumNext Digital Summit will take place online 15 – 16 May 2023.
Guidance for Speakers
Presentations should last 20 minutes and be pre-recorded by speakers. In addition to the film above you can find a PDF speakers guide with example’s of past talks here.
Why Speak at MuseumNext
Founded in 2009, MuseumNext has a reputation for producing high quality conferences which attract an international audience of forward thinking museum professionals. Speaking at the event gives you the chance to share your ideas and successes with your peers, find collaborators for future projects and gain valuable feedback from like minded colleagues.
Our virtual conference format gives you the space to reflect on your work and share your ideas internationally without the need to jump on a plane.
To put forward a proposal to speak at MuseumNext, please use this form.
The deadline for proposals is 10 February 2023. All proposals will be reviewed by a peer panel and we expect to inform all those who have put forward a proposal the result of their deliberations later that month.