THIS CALL FOR SPEAKERS HAS NOW ENDED
Meet the speakers here.
MuseumNext : Museum Fundraising Summit
July 17th–18th, 2023
MuseumNext is a global conference series on the future of museums. Over the past 12 months our events have brought together more than 20,000 museum professionals for our virtual conference series, which has offered insight, inspiration and actionable advice.
Each MuseumNext conference has a theme, around which our community comes together to discuss the future of museums. In July 2023 we’ll be holding a virtual conference looking at fundraising in museums.
Museums are facing a more challenging fundraising environment as austerity bites larger chunks from the grants that support them and public giving falls. The Museum Fundraising Summit will bring together inspiring presentations and actionable advice from those leading this work in Museums around the globe.
We’re now looking for speakers to make 20-minute presentations for this event.
A few subjects which you might wish to discuss:
- How do you create a digital first strategy for museum fundraising?
- What are the tools and techniques you’re using to reach potential donors?
- What are the tactics your museum is using to engage with new and existing supporters?
- How are you diversifying your activities to maximise your museums fundraising potential?
- How is your museum using social media to extend the reach of fundraising outreach?
- How have partnerships benefitted your museums fundraising?
- What is blended digital fundraising, and how does it increase revenue and brand recognition?
- How do you build an effective membership scheme and engage with donors long-term?
- Where do you start with setting the direction when there is no fundraising strategy in place?
- How can museums benefit from legacies?
Or you may have your own ideas.
Please feel free to put forward any proposal that you feel fits with the theme of this event.
The Museum Fundraising Summit will take place online 17 – 18 July 2023.
Please note: While companies that serve the museum community are welcome to put forward proposals, we’d encourage businesses looking to present to do so in partnership with a cultural institution.
Guidance for Speakers
Presentations should last 20 minutes and be pre-recorded by speakers. In addition to the film above you can find a PDF speakers guide with example’s of past talks here.
Why Speak at MuseumNext
Founded in 2009, MuseumNext has a reputation for producing high quality conferences which attract an international audience of forward thinking museum professionals. Speaking at the event gives you the chance to share your ideas and successes with your peers, find collaborators for future projects and gain valuable feedback from like minded colleagues.
Our virtual conference format gives you the space to reflect on your work and share your ideas internationally without the need to jump on a plane.
To put forward a proposal to speak at MuseumNext, please use this form.
The deadline for proposals is 24 March 2023. All proposals will be reviewed by a peer panel and we expect to inform all those who have put forward a proposal the result of their deliberations later that month.