Museum Learning Summit
July 16th–17th, 2024
MuseumNext is a global conference series on the future of museums. Over the past 12 months our events have brought together more than 25,000 museum professionals for our virtual conference series, which has offered insight, inspiration and actionable advice.
Each MuseumNext conference has a theme, around which our community comes together to discuss the future of museums. In July 2024 we’ll be holding a virtual conference looking at learning in museums.
We’re looking for inspiring case studies, actionable strategies and new ideas that can help our community to innovate with their education programmes.
We’re now looking for speakers to make 20-minute presentations for this event.
A few subjects which you might wish to discuss:
- What’s next for digital learning?
- How do we create hybrid education experiences that can be experienced on site and online?
- How can we serve digital learning audiences who are often not in the same geographical area as the museum?
- How is online learning shaping how we use digital inside the museum?
- How can we use digital to make learning more accessible?
- Can museums generate revenue through digital learning?
- How can we develop engaging educational content using digital?
- What new ways of digital working are museum educators exploring?
Or you may have your own ideas.
Please feel free to put forward any proposal that you feel fits with the theme of this event.
The Museum Learning Summit will take place online 16 – 17 July 2024.
Please note: The ideal MuseumNext presentation features museum professionals sharing their first hand experience of working on the digital side of museums. We’re not looking for talks on theory or commercial presentations showcasing products or services.
MuseumNext follows a fast-paced, twenty-minute presentation format, emphasising practice over theory.
All talks must be pre-recorded to ensure high-quality presentations and minimise technical difficulties. Speakers should be available for live Q&As if time zones permit (event runs 2pm – 7pm London time zone).
All presentations must be in English.
IMPORTANT: Download our speakers guide here, to see examples of past presentations and tips for making your MuseumNext presentation a success.
How to Apply
Submit proposals using this form, including the title, presenter names, theme summary, relevant links, and expected learning outcomes.
Deadline: May 1st 2024
Our conference peer panel will review all proposals and curate the event program.
We will respond to all applicants by May 10th, 2024.
Pre-recorded talks will be required by July 1st to allow for captioning, use in marketing and tech checks.