MuseumNext : Museums & Social Media Summit
November 20-21, 2023
The Deadline for this call for speakers has now passed
MuseumNext, a global conference on the future of museums since 2009, highlights best practices and envisions the museums of tomorrow.
In November, we’re hosting the Museums & Social Media Summit, exploring how museums can harness the power of social media to engage audiences, build their brands and tell stories. We are now inviting proposals from those interested in speaking at this event.
A few subjects which you might wish to discuss?
- Developing effective social media strategies, goal setting, targeting the right audience, and choosing appropriate platforms
- Content creation: Creating engaging and shareable content for social media.
- Community management: Building and managing online communities.
- Strategies for running ads on various social media platforms, targeting specific audiences, and optimising ad campaigns.
- Measuring the success of social media efforts, analysing data and metrics, and making data-driven decisions.
- Collaborating with influencers to promote products or services on social media.
- Exploring AI tools to enhance social media management, scheduling, analytics, and automation.
- Case studies and success stories.
Or you may have your own ideas.
We welcome presentations on Social Media from across the museum sector, but we’d encourage businesses looking to speak at the event to partner with a museum on a proposal.
MuseumNext follows a fast-paced, twenty-minute presentation format, emphasising practice over theory.
All talks must be pre-recorded to ensure high-quality presentations and minimise technical difficulties. Speakers should be available for live Q&As if time zones permit (event runs 2pm – 7pm London time zone).
All presentations must be in English.
IMPORTANT: Download our speakers guide here,to see examples of past presentations and tips for making your MuseumNext presentation a success.
How to Apply
Submit proposals using this form, including the title, presenter names, theme summary, relevant links, and expected learning outcomes.
Deadline: 11th September 2023
Our conference peer panel will review all proposals and curate the event program.
We will respond to all applicants by September 20th, 2023.
Pre-recorded talks will be required by 3rd November to allow for captioning, use in marketing and tech checks.