Do you want to help preserve vast amounts of the nation’s cultural heritage and play a part in establishing new systems to carry this out?
Would you like to be involved in projects e.g. collecting the Nation’s sound heritage?
Would you like to be part of a team? Something you can be proud of whilst enjoying the benefits of working in the Public Sector?
The British Library has an opportunity for an Application Specialist in our Ingest & Metadata team, based in Boston Spa (Wetherby), (requirement is to be in the office one day a week at present).
If you work for us, you will be helping to support and develop these services and more, as well as getting involved with many exciting new projects.
We will take care of you with;
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2.5 privilege days (plus Bank Holidays on top!)
- Employers Pension Contribution of 26.6% – 30.3%. For example, if you contribute £1580 p.a. into your Civil Service Pension, the British Library will contribute £7859 p.a.
- Access to training courses to continue your professional development
- experience of supporting, configuring and integrating third party and bespoke applications in a Windows environment
- experience of performing acceptance testing and deploying changes to test and production systems using appropriate change control processes
- an excellent communicator with the ability to work as part of a team to agreed customer service levels and SLAs
- excellent problem solving skills and a logical and considered approach
- experience of data migration and file management
- Knowledge and experience of SQL database querying
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Server, e.g. Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Understanding of XML, metadata and metadata transformation
If this sounds like you then please do apply today! We would love to hear from you!
As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future and make it available to all for research, inspiration and enjoyment. At present we have well over 170 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We make our collections and programmes available to all. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future by anyone, anywhere.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a number of excellent benefits. Our pension scheme is one of the most valuable benefits we offer, as our staff can become members of the Alpha Pension Scheme where the Library contributes a minimum of 20.6% (this may be higher dependant on grade. Another significant benefit the Library provides is the provision of a flexible working hours scheme which could allow you to work your hours flexibly over the week and to take up to 5 days flexi leave in a 3 month period. This is on top of 25 days holiday from entry and public and privilege holidays.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.bl.uk/careers quoting vacancy ref: 03970
Closing date: 30 January 2022
Interview date: 15 February 2022
We are unable to provide sponsorship under the UK Skilled Worker visa for this role, as it does not meet the eligibility criteria required for this immigration route