The British Museum is seeking a Community Programme Manager to join the Learning and National Partnership department. The main purpose of this role is to research, develop and deliver a programme of activities, events and learning opportunities for community organisations working with predominately London-based adults as part of a funded Community Partnerships Programme.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To take specific responsibility for developing a funded Community Programme in collaboration with community organisations working with adults.
- To manage and oversee the delivery of these activities and projects, including managing staff and volunteers and delegated programme budgets.
- To ensure projects and programmes ate delivered to agreed KPIs.
- To manage relationships with community organisation project partners.
- To develop new and maintain existing partnerships with community groups and organisations.
- To undertake evaluation of projects, events and activities and make iterative improvements and modifications needed through the grant period.
- To work flexibly (including weekends and evenings) on the Community Partnerships Programme, projects and events as necessary, and to be supportive of other Coordinators when cover for duties is sought.
- To undertake other duties as required.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent experience/ vocational qualification.
- Previous experience working directly with diverse audiences/ clients and leading activities with excluded groups in a museum context.
- Excellent communication, project management skills and knowledge of community engagement best practice.
- Great co-ordination and time management, highly developed organisation skills and the ability to plan and prioritise.