Black Country Living Museum is looking for a Corporate Sales & Development Manager to attract and maximise commercial opportunities for our large and unique heritage site.
Throughout our 44-year history, Black Country Living Museum’s aim has always been clear: Inspiring your discovery of the Black Country. We ensure that the revolutionary story of the Black Country’s industrial landscape – the first ever of its kind in the UK – is celebrated by generations.
With our bostin’ seasonal, themed and high profile events, as well as being regularly used for TV and Film locations, BCLM is one of Europe’s most successful open-air museums.
We are currently embarking upon our largest development ever, with a multi-million pound investment bringing our story into the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s.
Based in the heart of the Black Country’s regeneration zone, we are within good commutable distance from many of the surrounding counties.
BCLM is an equal opportunities employer and we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from underrepresented groups.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join the Museum as we approach the opening of our new Visitor Welcome Centre, 1940s – 60s Historic Town and Industrial area with buildings including the Elephant & Castle pub and Cricketfield Brickworks, all of which offer a new range of exciting opportunities for businesses to engage with the Black Country experience. As the Museum’s Corporate Sales & Development Manager, you will be required to seek, scope, develop and deliver new, creative partnership opportunities with businesses, ranging from commercial sponsorship agreements and attracting new business partners to corporate venue hire and film/TV productions, as well as charitable donations and in-kind support.
With the support of the Development Director, specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing the Museum’s Business Partner scheme, establishing it as a key source of unrestricted income for the Museum, actively promoting the scheme and working outside the Museum to recruit new Partners.
- Promoting and selling the Museum as a location for corporate venue hire, including film/TV productions, generating leads, brokering new relationships and identifying opportunities through networking regionally and nationally.
- Identifying and developing innovative and mutually beneficial partnership opportunities that generate income and/or further the interests of the Museum, delivering a range of benefits, including brand awareness.
- Account managing the Museum’s sponsors, Business Partners, corporate supporters and hire clients.
This role will suit a commercially creative, organised and experienced business development professional, who is able to nurture positive relations with businesses to create fantastic partnerships that benefit both organisations. We are interested to hear from candidates who can evidence:
- Practical experience of sales/corporate fundraising/conference/events within an arts/culture/heritage setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and confidence and ability to communicate with stakeholders at the highest level.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate internally/externally to achieve the desired outcome whilst encouraging positivity and ‘buy in’ to events.
- Financial planning skills and strong commercial acumen.
Equally important to the above will be your genuine interest in the rich history of the Black Country and confidence in turning this into business opportunities.
Begin your Black Country Journey
Apply by clicking ‘find out more’ for further information.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 June 2022