Our vision is to be the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum. Our mission is to link Navy to Nation, inspiring learning, enjoyment and engagement with the story of the Royal Navy, and its impact in shaping the modern world.
The National Museum of the Royal Navy (NMRN) is recruiting for 1 full-time Customer Engagement Executive to join our new Customer Engagement team in the Museum Operations Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the changing our current customer experience both pre and post visit.
This is a fantastic time to join the team, with ongoing projects in improve and centralise our Customer engagements, this role is critical to the business to both celebrate success and improve our offering. The role is varied and will involve dealing with multiple customer engagement channels, such as email, phone and feedback provided through platforms such as trip advisor.
This role is based in Portsmouth, with the opportunity for Hybrid working (a mixture of working from home and from Portsmouth Historic Dockyard)
- Opportunity to improve our customer experiences both pre and post visit
- Be the beginning of a team that is going to change the face of our current customer experience.
- Working closely with colleagues in all of our museums to share customer feedback and insights.
- Opportunity to work with different platforms and manage a wide variety of customer and visitor
- Experience of customer relations and customer service roles, ideally in leisure/tourism/heritage or retail sector
- Track record of developing and delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to work within a team and independently when required.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Flexible working.
- Free parking.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a ‘plus one’.
- Free admission to other national museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
This post requires a DBS check as a requirement of working on the naval base, as well as the right to work in the UK. Please note we cannot currently sponsor work visas.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Sharna Bennett at [email protected]
Interviews will be held in August in Portsmouth or virtually via Teams.
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted our responsibility to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place, and we would like to assure you that these are reviewed on a regular basis as the safety of our staff and visitors is of utmost importance to us.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team on [email protected] for support.
Occupational Pension, Annual Leave, Sick Pay, Family Pay, Flexible Working, Staff Discounts, Parking, EAP