- Work with the Digital and IT Manager to scope and deliver content and user requirements for website development and for other digital platforms which engage audiences in the museum and design, enhance the visitor journey and drive visits.
- Shape, develop and deliver a strategic digital content plan to support the museum’s work and responding to user engagement insights, data and audience research.
- Lead on editorial content management for all V&A Dundee digital channels ensuring user-focus, accessibility, quality and brand alignment.
- Co-ordinate and project manage mass-audience, large-scale, collaborative projects involving internal and external partners, identifying and managing resources and risks.
- Contribute to Programme development, with a focus on digital projects and integration with digital platforms.
- Plan, research, commission and produce rich and engaging digital content (articles, videos, commissions, webcomics, social campaigns, etc.) for a diverse and ambitious range of digital projects to amplify V&A Dundee’s profile and engage audiences in imaginative and creative ways.
- Co-ordinate the production of content collaboratively, both across the organisation and with external contributors such as universities, ensuring content complies with relevant brand, design, editorial and digital asset management guidelines.
- Edit rich media (video, audio, text, images, graphics) for use across our digital media channels.
- Support delivery of V&A Dundee’s social media channels (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) both developing creative content and reporting on its impact ensuring best use of V&A Dundee’s own channels.
- Ensure content is tailored to its platform/channel and user/audience research to allow maximum impact and highest return on investment.
- Ensure the website is promoted effectively internally and externally maximising relationships with other organisations and optimising search engine results.
- Allocate and manage budgets for digital projects.
- Be available out-of-hours to undertake planned activity or to respond to digital issues on an occasional basis.
- Any other duties determined to be reasonable for this position.
Person specification – Essential
- Hands-on experience of managing digital communications delivering to target audience, on time and to budget.
- Experience of developing a website, social media channels and associated systems within brand guidelines for a large, public-facing organisation supported by a range of internal and/or external contributors/suppliers.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of digital media and emerging technology, particularly in relation to mobile, social media and online participation.
- Experience of co-ordinating freelancers and agencies.
- Experience of working collaboratively with partners to deliver digital projects.
- Understanding of web authoring tools including the basics of HTML, with familiarity of online
- usability and accessibility standards.
- Good editing skills, both text and rich media, and extensive experience of maintaining a blog and/or social media profile(s).
- A strong eye for design with experience of managing design-orientated projects.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report on user statistics and other evaluation to engage colleagues and improve digital experiences.
- A good communicator with the ability to gain commitment of others to achieve digital outcomes.
- Highly organised, with ability to self-plan and prioritise workload
- Self-motivated, proactive and willingness to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Relevant degree or equivalent significant experience.
Person specification – Desirable
- Knowledge of digital media in cultural environments and enabling marketing, learning, access, income generation and fundraising.
- Knowledge of digital delivery to specialist audiences in learning or creative environments.
- Experience of seeking opportunities for external collaboration and partnership projects, including funding.
Deadline for applications: no later than 17.00, 21 January 2021. Interviews will be held on 2 February 2021 by video call.
V&A Dundee is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.