Max Communications are a digitisation specialist with over 18 years of experience. We have an extensive and growing client list of some of the world’s most prestigious galleries, museums and media organisations. Our proven expertise in the field has led us to be a trusted name in the industry. We handle a variety of delicate materials that require great care and concentration when being worked on.
What is digitisation?
‘The conversion of text, pictures, or sound into a digital form that can be processed by a computer. For example the digitisation of the rare map collection at the library. Oxford English Dictionary.
Required duties and expectations of candidate:
What duties are required for this role?
Employees will be tasked with the handling and digitisation of the valuable Herbarium collection. Each item will be assessed and catalogued prior to capture on a bespoke DSLR station. The handling of the material is of the utmost importance, and a duty of care is expected from each operator.
Full training will be given on induction and ongoing support will be provided.
What do we expect from our staff?
- Willingness to undergo DBS checks
- To follow instructions and to ask if ever unsure.
- To handle client material with proper care and attention.
- Working efficiently. Due to the fast-paced nature of the job we require all staff members to be fully engaged and working to the best of their ability.
- Keeping your work area tidy.
- Filling in our forms – we have both online and on paper forms, as required.
Application Closing Date: 30 November 2022
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section