We are currently recruiting for a full time Facilities Officer to join our team.
The Facilities Officer role is to manage planned statutory and reactive building maintenance. Working as part of a small team, you will help look after 9 extraordinary and varied museum venues across Birmingham, including 6 listed historic buildings and a Scheduled Ancient Monument. You will ensure facilities work is undertaken safely, effectively and to agreed standards.
The successful candidate ideally should have experience in operational Facilities Management.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Management of external contractors ensuring work is undertaken to a high standard and delivered efficiently and safely including issuing permits to work, health and safety inductions are completed
- Managing planned preventative and reactive maintenance
- Conduct building inspections to access the general condition of buildings and recommend any maintenance required.
- Obtaining quotations for work, raising purchase orders, checking and approving invoices.
- Co-ordinate mechanical and electrical contractors, ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Picking up reactive tasks through a helpdesk, updating through to completion.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Financial budget tracking experience
- Ability to travel between sites
- Knowledge of listed buildings would be an advantage.
- Working closing with other members of the team, specifically the Facilities Maintenance Technician.
- Liaising with Museum Managers and Landlords on buildings and maintenance issues.
- Liaise and work closely with Conservation staff relating to works affecting the environment.
- As required support building projects and gallery refurbishments.
- Attend meetings with contractors, Landlords and management when required.
- Ensure contractors are vetted to ensure due diligence, including but not limited to inspecting RAMS, obtaining qualifications and insurance documentation.
- Assist in building evacuations or in the event of an emergency.
- Help develop and maintain the company’s asset register
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience in delivering effective reactive and planned maintenance
- CAFM Explorer or equivalent IT package
- Skilled and committed in providing excellent customer care.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written forms at all levels.
- Excellent organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Proven experience in building maintenance and working with contractors.
- IOSH or equivalent trained
- Facilities Management training e.g. IWFM
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation with regards to statutory compliance
This role is permanent, working 37 hours per week, mainly Monday to Friday, however you will be expected to work weekends and bank holidays as required.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for this role, please read through the job description and ensure you complete your application in full, making sure you highlight your skills and experience against the job description.
CV’s are not accepted
Interviews will be taking place in early October. If you have any questions about the role please email [email protected] and we will get back to you.
Closing date is Sunday 2nd October 2022
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section