About the role
This role manages a broad range of services to ensure that the museum is clean, safe, secure and maintained.
The main tasks will be:
- Managing contracts with a range of maintenance, cleaning and security contractors
- Ensuring that the museum is safe, secure, maintained accessible and legally compliant
- Leading on emergency response and incident management
- Ensuring the museum is safe and compliant with safety legislation
- Working on capital developments ad leading strategic maintenance
You’ll be an experienced operations/facilities professional looking for a new challenge. You’ll have experience managing contracts and providing both reactive and proactive facility management in a museums or heritage environment.
You will be able to show you can:
- Negotiate and manage a range of contracts for provision of services
- Manage health and safety in a busy museum environment
- keep policies and procedures up to date
- manage budgets
- Be a great team player
Please note that offers are subject to DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter, we will only consider applications with a completed application form. Please read the instructions and download the application form under Current Vacancies on our website before applying.
- Complete the application form – download the application form (Word)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details
You need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. The portal doesn’t work in Internet Explorer.
Full job description (pdf)
Online application portal
Due to the quantity of applications, we will only contact those invited to interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful – we encourage you to stay up to date with upcoming opportunities to volunteer or work with us.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on [email protected]
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.
Application Closing Date: 05 October 2022
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section