Universcience is looking for a French speaking Interpretation and Exhibition Lead to join its Exhibition department.
Universcience is a state-owned public institution of an industrial and commercial nature whose mission is to disseminate scientific and technical culture to the general public. It has two sites located in Paris: the Palais de la découverte in the 8th arrondissement and the Cité des sciences et de l’industrie in the 19th arrondissement. http://www.universcience.fr/fr/accueil/
Under the supervision of the Head of Interpretation and Exhibition Projects, you will lead the interpretation development of one or several exhibition projects that engage a wide range of audiences with the fields of science, technology and industry. As Interpretation and Exhibition Lead you will have the overall responsibility of coordinating each stage of exhibition production as well as making sure exhibitions are delivered on budget. You might also get involved in future exhibition programming and act as interpretation consultant on external partnerships projects.
Knowledge and expertise:
- Ability to lead and deliver complex exhibition projects.
- Expert in museum interpretation and science communication best practices.
- Understanding of the fields of science and technology.
- Understanding of visitor engagement in museum context, experience in audience testing and co-creation processes.
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary team.
- Understanding of contemporary issues in our societies in regards to science.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Ability to listen and find compromises in difficult situations.
- Ability to identify issues and find effective solutions.
- Knowledge of the heritage sector in France and Europe.
- Knowledge of the legal and management rules specific to procurement processes in the public sector
- Experience as an interpretation consultant on external partnerships projects.
- French (working language), English (fluent) and another language.
- Computing skills (Microsoft office, MS Project).
Substantial experience of working on exhibitions on science and in the interpretation field (7 years minimum). Project lead on at least two large exhibition projects (budget 1 million euro).
Master-level degree in museum studies, interpretation, science communication or equivalent
Scientific background desirable
To apply (send CV and covering letter): firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 30/08/2020
Starting date 01/10/2020