The Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery (RAMM) is located in the heart of Exeter. Its stunning displays reveal Devon and Exeter’s rich history and global connections. The museum runs a busy programme of temporary exhibitions, events and engagement activities aimed at attracting as diverse an audience as possible. It was the Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2012.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications professional who will be responsible for devising, planning and delivering marketing, media and communication strategies that promote the museum and all its activities.
Reporting to the Head of Audience Development, this is a key manager-level role at RAMM. We need someone with energy, enthusiasm and flair, who can drive footfall and audience growth to the museum as well as income generation from the shop, ticket sales and venue hire.
We’d really like to meet with you if you have:
• Experience of designing and delivering marketing plans and multi-channel campaigns, ideally within the cultural or heritage sectors
• The ability to absorb, analyse and impart information quickly, with excellent written communications skills and news sense
• A sound understanding of media relations and good contacts in the local and national press
• Excellent knowledge of digital marketing channels, including maximising social media and website marketing to increase audience engagement
• Experience of analysing and interpreting audience research and data to inform ongoing communications activities and campaigns
• The ability to oversee the design and production of high-quality marketing materials across a range of media
• Experience of CRM and effective email marketing campaigns
This is a busy role and you will need to be comfortable working on your own initiative, able to prioritise opportunities and balance various demands on your time. You will have a keen interest in museums, arts and heritage and will be an enthusiastic advocate for our work.
This is an exciting opportunity, with huge scope for someone who wants to make an impact within an outstanding museum.