We are now recruiting for a Head of Museum Operations to provide strong and visible leadership for our Admissions, Enterprise (retail & food and drink units), Events, Historic Characters, IT and Site Security Teams. The scope of the role is both extensive and dynamic requiring sharp intellect, resilience and the ability to be agile for the benefit of the Museum’s continued success and growth.
Reporting to the Museum’s COO and accountable to our Board of Trustees, your role will include:
- Leadership of five direct reports.
- Strategic support of the operational & logistical delivery of BCLM’s busy visitor experience and a high profile events programme.
- Operational support, evaluation and performance of BCLM Enterprise units.
- Developing and reviewing strategic objectives and annual budgets in line with BCLM business plans, and evidencing performance against these with measurable data.
- Reviewing and monitoring of insurances, contracts, vendor and service agreements including compliance with HSE regulations.
- Operational support for the development and delivery of the Museum’s infrastructure and growth projects.
We are interested to hear from highly motivated, driven, senior team leaders with evidential experience of driving continuous improvement and collaborative teamwork. With strong commercial and people management skills you will also have a commitment to diversity & inclusion. Providing knowledgeable leadership and achievement through others is an essential requirement of the role. Your experience should include working in a visitor dependent multi stakeholder environment or an organisation of similar complexity and size to the Museum.
You will be required to make an immediate impact, using your strong organisational skills and appreciation of working on a Heritage site, to deliver and implement an extensive portfolio of programmes and service. Your commitments will include occasional evening and weekend working.
Download the full job profile
To apply for this role, please submit a supporting statement that addresses the criteria set out above and in the job profile together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete BCLM application form (available to download in the ‘Applying for Jobs at BCLM’ section below’).
If you would like a confidential chat in advance of applying, please email your contact details to email@example.com.
Closing date: 9 April 2021