- To plan and deliver annual calendar of one day festivals and museum public events eg World Oceans Day, Diwali.
- To provide event operational expertise; consolidating an event brief with multiple stakeholders, event planning through to event delivery across all Royal Museums of Greenwich venues including the grounds.
- To lead on the technical aspects of on-the-day delivery, effectively managing live performance acts, caterers, production and other event suppliers.
- To produce and communicate schedules for each event, ensuring a coordinated approach is in place with internal and external stakeholders.
- To provide event costs and event supplier recommendations.
- To arrange and conduct site visits of the venues with internal stakeholders and event suppliers.
- To attend the weekly museum wide Events Operations Meeting.
- To work closely with Engagement team to liaise with community performers and content developers and support the communication between external groups and internal resources required for delivery.
- To work closely with IT and Estates & Facilities teams (including Security and Cleaning) to ensure adequate support is in place for the smooth running of set up, delivery and set down days.
- To liaise with the Visitor Experience teams to ensure adequate planning and resourcing is in place, and General Managers are kept up to date with the activities and logistics on the delivery days.
- To ensure all event documentation such as risk assessments and method statements, insurances and licenses for each event are supplied.
- To ensure all events held at RMG are delivered with highest standard in terms of governance, legal, sustainability, licensing, health and safety and conservation regulations.
- To plan and deliver other ad hoc special events, as required.
- To manage invoicing in accordance with RMG’s procedures.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering public events, which meet a range of audience and stakeholder needs, in a creative or cultural environment.
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to provide effective progress updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Good multi-tasker with demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Collaborative, inclusive, working style.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to adapt style to the needs of the stakeholders and audiences.
- Educated to degree level in a related field.
- Interest in the cultural heritage sector.
- Good understanding of how to ensure events and activities consider diversity, representation, social inclusion and access.
Application Closing Date: 05 October 2022
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section