- Deliver a high quality, inclusive, problem solving, and people focused HR service to Royal Museums Greenwich (RMG) managers and staff.
- Develop useful and engaging policies and management products.
- Provide employee relations advice and support.
- Implement employee wellbeing and diversity & inclusion initiatives and manage the RMG employee life cycle in collaboration with the rest of the People & Culture Team.
- Advise and coach managers and employees on people related matters using RMG policies, up to date employment legislation and best practice. This includes managing employee relations cases, sickness absence cases and restructures, seeking legal advice when necessary.
- Develop and maintain people related systems, tools, procedures, and ways of working to ensure modern digital solutions, efficiency, effectiveness, and an added value approach to the organisation.
- Advise managers, in collaboration with the Payroll Team, on family policies, flexible working and annual leave.
- Work with the Deputy Head of People and Culture to consult with staff on RMG policies and procedures.
- Analyse our people data, reporting/system tools and staff matters to recommend and develop solutions to solve reoccurring issues proactively and creatively across the organisations.
- Create and deliver tools such as manager guidance packs, staff and manager workshops and help-sheets etc.
- Oversee delivery of RMG’s Wellbeing Strategy and Wellbeing Champion programme.
- Ensure managers have a good understanding of disability issues in the workplace and the organisation is compliant with the Disability Confidence Scheme.
- Take an active part in fulfilling the People & Culture Cultural Competency and Diversity and Inclusion work, developing initiatives to embed inclusive practices across the organisation which embrace differences.
- Review available data, research, and information to remove barriers for our underrepresented groups of staff.
- Liaise with union representatives and maintain a positive and transparent relationship.
- Act as a first point of contact for HR enquiries and manage the HR Helpdesk inboxes.
- Regularly review sickness absence triggers, advise managers when absence is high and provide reports to HR and managers when required.
- Coordinate and advise on the probation review process, including support with chasing managers, providing probation extension advice, and developing relevant documentation.
- Input data onto HRIS i.e., Vacancy Filler and iTrent, provide support to staff on their use, and produce relevant reports.
- Support other People and Culture projects as required including Pay, Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development.
- Experience of working in a generalist advisory HR role or HR team, providing added value and reactive and proactive HR support.
- Experience or awareness of case work, absence management, including advising on reasonable adjustments and promotion of wellbeing.
- Experience or interest in managing employee wellbeing and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Highly organised with an ability to effectively prioritise and support others with prioritizing.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and GDPR requirements and handling personal and sensitive information.
- Committed to continuous professional development.
- Experience of iTrent or equivalent HRIS.
- Knowledge of employment law.
- CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Some experience or understanding of trade unions or employee consultation groups.
- Experience or interest in training & development and presenting.
- Experience of using and developing HR Information Systems analysing data and reporting.
Application Closing Date: 09 October 2022
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section