About the role
Working alongside the Digital Content Editor this role sits at the heart of the Communications team tasked with content creation, social media and audience growth. Your skills, insights and dynamism will help us forge new paths into new social media platforms and conversations.
The main tasks will be:
- Support the Digital Content Editor in producing high quality, dynamic written and graphic content for social media
- Use our themes, collections and expertise to encourage discussion and engagement on social channels, particularly on platforms such as TikTok and Instagram.
- Attend events to collect and create high quality content for our social media channels and for use across digital communications
- Work with communications and marketing team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Monitor and respond quickly to requests, feedback and comments on social media
- Monitor paid ads on social media as part of broader marketing campaigns for events and exhibitions
- Support the team in data gathering, analytical reporting and altering schedules or content where necessary to optimise engagement
With at least one years’ experience in running social media channels for organic and paid-for campaigns, you’ll be an excellent communicator and storyteller who is passionate about the user experience, focused and calm working under pressure, but with great attention to detail and a well-developed interest in using social media as a creative platform.
You will be able to show you can:
- Create engaging content using graphic design and video software
- Manage and optimise paid-for social media campaigns
- Demonstrate audience growth, in real life and digitally, through the use of social media
- Innovate new approaches to telling stories about the Museum
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Work collaboratively with colleagues
Please note that offers are subject to DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter, we will only consider applications with a completed application form. Please read the instructions and download the application form under Current Vacancies on our website before applying.
- Complete the application form – download the application form (Word)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details
You need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. The portal doesn’t work in Internet Explorer.
Salary: £15,000 per year for 3 days per week (£25,000 full-time equivalent) with generous pension and holiday
Contract: Permanent, part-time (3 days per week)
Closing date: 5.00 pm on Sunday, 9 October 2022
Interviews: Interviews will be held during the week commencing 17 October 2022
Working hours: This is a part-time role working three days per week (21 hours) on mutually agreed days
Application Closing Date: 09 October 2022
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section