Visitor Experience Manager
Salary (Grade 4): £22,350 – £23,950 per annum (£21,718.24 – £23,273.01 pro rata per annum dependent upon experience)
Hours: Annualised hours contract average of 36.44 hours per week (7.5 hour shift per day); Working a 6-week rota pattern, working 4 out of 6 weekends.
Location: Work across National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard; Submarine Museum and Explosion in Gosport
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard (PHD) is the home of to some of the world’s most famous ships, including HMS Victory and the Mary Rose. We welcome nearly 1 million visitors each year, who come to soak up our awe-inspiring story of naval and maritime history. We are looking for a Visitor Experience Manager to join our team and help ensure a day out to PHD is extraordinary and memorable.
You will be a champion of good customer service and have an eye for detail. Working as part of a team of Visitor Experience Managers, you will lead, motivate, and inspire your team showing you care about their overall happiness, health, and wellbeing at work. You will act as a positive role model for the operations team supporting them to achieve commercial targets relating to souvenir guidebooks, gift aid conversion, upselling tickets, and retail offer.
You will be responsible for the security of our sites and attractions, our buildings and collections and the safety of our staff and visitors, making sure the site is safe throughout the day and implementing risk assessments; a cool head and a calm manner is a must.
The ideal candidate will have demonstratable knowledge of:
- Leading, inspiring and motivating teams
- Excellent customer service and customer care principles
- Commercial awareness and how to drive income through a high-quality customer experience
- Health and Safety requirements and a willingness to learn more.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Working in a supervisory or management role
- Working in a customer focused environment including responsibility for commercial activity
- Motivating people to achieve their best
- Delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Working independently and as part of a team
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- Free onsite parking.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a ‘plus one’.
- Free admission to other museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact the General Manager on email Claire.email@example.com
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at recruitment@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 12pm on Monday 20 September 2021.
We will be conducting the interviews in Portsmouth on Monday 27 September 2021.