This role will primarily cover the café’s normal opening hours but you can expect to also work occassional early evenings through the summer season as well as occasional late evenings for special events such as weddings and private functions.
This role will work across Windermere Jetty Museum and Blackwell, but you can expect to work primarily at Windermere Jetty Museum.
– Supervising and working as part of the team to deliver the daily operation of an outstanding catering offer and visitor experience at Windermere Jetty Museum and Blackwell.
– Working with fellow Supervisors and the management team to ensure sufficient trained visitor focused staff are in place at all times through careful rota management.
– Working with the management team to ensure the operation is cost effective by controlling expenditure, ensuring good stock control, stock rotation, handling cash appropriately, monitoring ticketing and providing information for inclusion in management reports.
– Ensuring cashing up is carried out daily, preparing floats for the following day, collating daily reports from welcome points for reporting purposes.
– Placing orders for all consumables, packaging and beverages, as required. Ensuring deliveries are handled and stored correctly and paperwork processed as required.
– Leading the team by example to provide excellent customer service.
– Assisting the management team with arranging and supervising special events, such as weddings, private functions, exhibition openings, lectures and public events, ensuring all required resources are available and that the event catering runs in an efficient and welcoming manner.
– Responding to visitor feedback and queries appropriately, ensuring information relating to the catering offer is current and in good order.
– Ensure the catering areas are clean and presentable at all times and any maintenance issues are reported immediately.
– Ensuring compliance with all health and safety procedures and Lakeland Arts operating policies.
– Providing supervisory support to other areas (Reception, Estates and Boating) as required.