We have a number of exciting opportunities to work at either the Yorkshire Museum, York Castle Museum or York Art Gallery as a Visitor Experience Team Member. We are seeking warm and friendly individuals to join our Visitor Experience team who create a welcoming and engaging experience for all our visitors as we reopen our sites.
As a Visitor Experience Team Member, you will welcome visitors to our sites and actively promote the visitor offer. You will deliver excellent customer service and ensure that our visitors have an excellent experience. You will be involved in different aspects of the visitor experience; including interacting with visitors on galleries, delivering entertaining talks and tours, ticket sales and retail as well as providing information, supporting events and ensuring the safety of our visitors and security of our buildings and collections.
We are looking for people with customer service experience, preferably in a similar environment, who have a desire to exceed the expectations of the visitor and provide a memorable and personal experience for them. You will be able to empathise with others and show consideration and understanding towards a diverse visitor demographic.
As an organisation York Museums Trust is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to apply:
Please download the following documents:
Please send your CV, the completed Equal Opportunities form, Rota Preference sheet and a covering letter which answers the following questions (in no more than 500 words each)
- What does the phrase “visitor first” mean to you? What are your experiences of both delivering and receiving an excellent visitor (or customer) first approach?
- We aim to provide a professional, premium service with a personal touch that enriches the experience of our visitors. How would you contribute positively to this?
- The role will involve maximising revenue opportunities on the admissions desk, whether ticket sales, retail products or Gift Aid. What do you believe are the key skills you possess in order to sell successfully?
- Referring to the Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Behaviours section of the Job Description, which elements would you say are your strengths?
- Please briefly tell us any other relevant information about your work or volunteering experience that makes you particularly suitable for this role (based on the information in the Job Description).
to [email protected]
Applications can only be accepted from candidates who have permission to work in the UK.
We will be shortlisting and interviewing to fill positions as applications are received and the vacancy will close when all the positions are filled so please do not delay in applying. Each role will start as soon as possible.
If you have not heard from us by three weeks after you applied, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion, as we are unable to respond to every applicant.