Do you want to be at the forefront of learning and culture in Gosport?
The Trust is looking for a Visitor Services Assistant at Gosport Museum and Art Gallery. Working with the team of volunteers and using your excellent customer service skills, you’ll provide a welcoming and informative first point of call for visitors to the venue. With experience in front of house duties, you’ll be an effective communicator, assisting and offering advice on customer queries. You will also support the development of new experiences on the site.
You will be able to demonstrate ability in rostering, cash handling/banking, customer service and I.T. Responsibilities also include on-site health and safety, security and maintenance. Coordinating a team of volunteers you will aim to ensure that all visitors have a high quality and safe experience at the site. You will also be a key point of contact for teachers and students visiting the site for programs at SEARCH.
A bit about you
You’ll be a people person and will enjoy meeting new customers every day. Having previously worked in a fast-paced customer-led environment, you’ll understand and value exceptional customer service. You’ll be a great communicator and will love putting your excellent people skills to use to make every visitor feel valued and welcome. You’ll be a supportive team player, always willing to jump in and lend a hand, but you’ll also be happy to work on your own initiative when necessary.
And you’ll have an interest, possibly even a passion, for all things arts and culture.
What it’s like to work for us
At Hampshire Cultural Trust we have a vision to create inspirational culture experiences that enrich and transform lives. We manage and support 23 attractions across Hampshire and deliver county-wide outreach programmes that bring great culture to local communities. We also deliver a diverse range of wider social impact initiatives targeted at those who are most vulnerable or disadvantaged and who would not usually have access to arts and culture.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and a culture that actively values difference. We recognise people from different backgrounds and experiences bring valuable insights to the workplace and enhance the way we perform and work. Our levels of employee engagement are high and our organisational culture positive.
The benefits of working for us
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro-rated for part time working)
- 7.5% Employer pension contributions
- Life assurance scheme (x3 annual salary)
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
- Industry leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest-free Season ticket loans and travel loans from first day of employment
- Charity Worker Discounts Scheme (savings on retail, leisure, groceries, travel etc.)
- Access to same day GP appointments for employees and their immediate family
- Free flu vaccination vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan (cashback on dental, optical, medical for monthly subscription cost)
- Opportunities to learn, develop and progress
- Free tea and coffee in all our venues
- Team Card – Free access in our fee paying venues and discounts across café and retail.
We will be running a dynamic recruitment process so we would encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible as we will be interviewing candidates before the closing date.
To apply please fill in the application form with an up-to-date CV. We do not require covering letters for this position however would be grateful to receive context to your application.
Closing date for applications: 25th September 2022
Interview Date: 3rd October 2022
To find out more about us visit our website www.hampshireculture.org.uk
+ Find out more
Browse all the latest vacancies in museums in our Museum Jobs section